Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Let's have an old fashioned wedding"







Shortly after we got engaged, I asked Skyler to make a list of the words that would describe his perfect wedding. He wasn't really all that thrilled about the idea, but I pouted and he did it. I had made my list years ago and I have been adding to it periodically over time. Yes, I am one of "those girls" who has been planning my wedding since I was old enough to stand underneath my mother's lace curtains and pretend they were a veil. What follows is the list that we made together:

  • Vintage
  • Formal
  • Ceremony Focused and Faith Filled
  • Full of Friends and Family
  • Entertaining
  • Sustainable
  • Classy
  • Big yet affordable
  • Jubilant
  • Nostalgic, Post-War era
  • Spring, Bright, Daytime
  • Light, Airy
  • Simple, yet elegant
  • Dark Blue, Moss Green, Various Shades of Pink
  • Traditional
  • Personal
  • Socially conscious
  • Timeless
  • Romantic
  • A Celebration
So there you have it. The rest of this blog will be all about the two of us figuring how to fit all that into one spectacular wedding day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment